Monday, October 12, 2020

Fall, finally.

 The leaves haven't turned, and as of the 9th of October I still hadn't donned my favorite hoodie. Starbucks started advertising pumpkin spice latte's in early August....and Hobby Lobby has had Christmas stuff out on the floor since the middle of July. Oh, and don't forget we're still in the middle of the COVID 19 pandemic leaving us still trying to figure out whether we need to wear actual pants to a Zoom meeting and wondering what day of the week it really is. Here in California we are under mandate to wear masks/face coverings while in a public setting, physically distance ourselves six feet apart, and wash our hands (sad that has to be a mandate, I mean ewww, were we not washing our hands before? Gross.) So that's my summary so far of this dumpster fire of a year that just keeps getting more interesting (like Wal-Mart on a Friday night interesting) as time progresses. 

You've probably already noticed that I've put my podcast on hold. Self-care on my part. My roller coaster life has been insane, and only got more crazy with quarantine life. When shut downs started happening my sources of content for my podcast were getting thinner and thinner. Companies like American Crafts started laying off employees, independent craft stores struggled to stay afloat. With nothing to do but stay inside and either work from home and or homeschool kids if you had them, the scrapbooking trend began a resurgence. With the mask mandates creatives sought out fabric stores to create their own masks, giving them their own personal touch. Crafting has become the balm in this seemingly endless poorly written episode of Days of Our Lives... 

How have you handled your quarantine life? What can you change to make it better? Who do you call on for support? It's difficult these days, reaching out is hard... you can't physically see anyone, and most of us nowadays just text into that void hoping someone will answer... am I right? Zoom conversations and meetings are now the new 'norm'... I don't know what I'm going to do when the time comes that I actually have to get 'dressed' and go to church... lately it's been sweats or jammies on Sunday morning. I've found one thing to be helpful... my porch 'visits' with my friend Bonnie. I go over to her house, masked, and we sit six feet apart on her porch and just talk... about everything. Another thing I did this past Friday was a watch party, my bestie in Washington and I connected on Facebook messenger video and watched Practical Magic together... I know it's not the same as getting together with the 'girls', but still it's better than feeling alone and disconnected.

What do you have planned for Fall? Crafting, cozy baking days, curling up with a good book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment