Sunday, September 27, 2020

Getting Crafty is helping me stay sane during COVID19

  Come October, it was be seven months I've been in quarantine with my husband and two cats. From March til the end of June I only saw the inside of my small townhouse, occasionally adventuring out to the American River Parkway behind our home to walk. It's been seven months of masks, handwashing, insane cleaning, and numerous COVID19 tests due to my medical condition. It's been seven months of 'watching' church, and having social hour via Zoom. You know the routine. Except for the fact the Duchess is retired and has no children. David's work has resumed and he is now back to working on site. 

   I am a total empath, and all the social media bickering, the rife anger and dissent that has polluted my once 'safe' hangouts of Facebook and Instagram, more FB than Instagram. The world has been turned upside down in so many ways... and every day I feel it to my core. I am also managing ischemic cardiomyopathy, PTSD, and bipolar... yeah, life gets real fun around here. The week we went into quarantine, I celebrated my 25th year of sobriety... quietly. My initial plan was to receive my 25 year chip in front of my friends and family at the end of the month and tell my story and hug my sponsor. The summer was hard, health issues, the building stress of quarantine... missing my people. Missing my life....

   Today has been hard. The world around once again is topsy turvy, and life is still as uncertain as it was on March 13th. What has gotten me through this has been my paper  crafting, and the community that it brings to my life. I have discovered Virtual Crops, I have made new friends, I finally finished the sewing part of my craft room, I still have yet to clean out the closet to organize it for material and what not... but I am making progress. My craft room is my sacred space.... a place to go and put my life on paper, document the insanity happening around me. The podcast I admit has been on hiatus.... slow news on the crafting business front... but it's picking up.... hopefully by the end of October I'll be back on the air.... so don't give up me. Right now I'm in healing mode.

   On this note... don't forget to write it down. 




No comments:

Post a Comment