Monday, August 31, 2020

Saying goodbye to August....

 Life happens when you're making plans, and life happened all over this Summer... plans for a virtual retreat fell by the wayside to accommodate time to heal and regroup. I had such great ideas for it too. The month of August, and pretty much all of this Summer has been a bust. My creative mojo has been non-existent. COVID 19 and it's social restrictions have still kept me safely tucked away. On the bright side I've made some new crafty sisters who like to virtual crop. (by way of FB Messenger and Zoom). I don't really know what to say except I am so glad August is over.... because it means Fall is just around the corner. A Fall filled with cool air, hot apple cider, and trips to Apple Hill (where I can practice social distancing while eating apple fritters). I didn't even podcast this month.... with everything going on it never happened.... I was depressed. Bipolar and COVID19 do not mix. Let me make this clear, I did not get COVID 19, just the social and health restrictions I had to follow in regards to the pandemic have left me starved for social interaction, missing my friends and family, and somewhere along the way I fell into a depression. It happened to a lot of people. Mental health professionals saw an unprecedented surge in the need for services because of COVID 19. I'm slowly but surely coming out of it....and I'm here writing this post... What has helped...? Getting back to my creativity. Reading, currently I'm reading Untamed by Glennon Doyle... amazing book. Still not done with it and I'm highlighting quotes.... My faith. Which has been shaky to say the least over the past five years... Finding hope in this chaos of this world has been hard. Thankful for friends who have reminded me that it IS there.... 

Me? I'm a little bit of both.


No comments:

Post a Comment