Friday, July 10, 2020

4 Months of Quarantine and Creativity....

It's now heading towards the middle of July... also known as month four of Shelter in Place/Lockdown/COVID 19 physical distancing.... I know, it's supposed to be called SOCIAL Distancing, however we have been more 'social' than ever... connecting virtually with Facebook, Instagram, Zoom, and other social media outlets. We've been working from home and dressing fancy from the waist up for our Zoom board meetings, we have started networking new ideas through Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.... SOCIAL media has helped us keep sane....well, for the most part... If 2020 were a drink it would be a colonoscopy prep... yeah, the year has sucked. People have died, by COVID and by injustice, our world has been flipped upside down.....

How has the Duchess coped? I got creative.... and then I got depressed and anxious....and then I crafted some more, I reached out, I practiced self-care, and then I fell off the self care wagon. Having to manage autoimmune disease I've had to stay in for the past three months, then I gradually started going out, mask and hand gelled to the max... I was very thankful to Andrea and Yvonne, the owners of It's All About the Scrapbook who decided to put their Dixon independent scrapbook store online.... I was so thankful.... Then my dear friend Iris Fox, and independent cut file designer who sells on Etsy designed some really amazing and real cut files, both physical and digital for her Etsy Store WhimsyFoxCrafts.... Link to her store is on the right hand side....



How did you get through the past four months of this pandemic? It's ok to not be ok.... Trust me, I wasn't... but then again I'm not exactly the poster child for holding it together....LOL. For me, my therapy is my creativity, and I knew when I was deep down in the COVID depression of isolation (I do have my husband with me... I miss my family, church family and friends... I've been blessed with church Zoom to 'see' and chat with my church family, I've been texting and video chatting my friends, and I've been having virtual crops with my girls at Scrapbooking the Day away, the best drama free group on FB....


 So.... this is in the planning phase....


This Labor Day weekend you get to go to a virtual crafty spa, FOR FREE! Yes F - R - E - E. Starting Friday of Labor Day weekend you will start with creating self-care lists, setting creative goals, and meeting new friends, and catching up with those you already know. This Crafty Spa is like Vegas, what you say here on the board, (located on Facebook) stays on the board as I will make it a private group. Registration starts August 1st... link to registration to  be posted soon. Don't worry it is free, and the only information I will need is your email so that I can send you the link to the Facebook Group. I will only require that you friend me on FB, and your email will never be used for any other purpose but to send you digital swag and to send you the ling to the FB group. This group will remain drama free, there will be no politics, kindness and acceptance abounds (no hate speech allowed in regards to race, religion and or lifestyle choices)  and no gleaning or selling of MLM's. There will be one thread for you to share other self-care and crafty group links that are on FB. I will expunge you if you violate our rules... I want this to be a fun and safe place for craftiness and self-care, and of course sassy fun!! There will be crafty tutorials, self-care and crafty chats, book club moments (for us to share our favorite books), crafty list prompts, SWAG drawings, and so much more... it's a work in progress right now....



No comments:

Post a Comment